Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to The Assessment Network. Take a moment to let the other members know a little about you. Just reply to this Forum discussion with information about your role, your interest in Assessment FOR Learning, Standards Based Learning, or assessment in general, etc. Nothing is too short and nothing is too long.

You need to be a member of The Assessment Network to add comments!

Join The Assessment Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am Stephen Janoschka and I will be the new Technology Education teacher at SHS. As a CTE teacher I live by the motto "Learning to Do, Doing to Learn". Problem based learning has been a staple in my classes and will continue to guide curriculum. Allowing students to learn, make mistakes, and have successes while making the material relevant the workplace have allowed me the opportunity to help students understand the content and see where it fits in to the day to day. 

• Hey! I’m Megan Johnson and I’ll be the welding instructor for Salem high school. As a former Salem student I’m excited to pass along the knowledge and work ethic to upcoming students. I spend all of my free time with my two kiddos and we like being outside!
  • Hello!  I am Aleta Boltinghouse, from Spencer Indiana.  I am a middle school inclusion teacher.  This year (my second year at the school) my responsibility will be teaching a a WIN class for math for both 7th and 8th graders.  I am interested in learning about and utilizing meaningful assessments with my students.  This will be beneficial for both my WIN class as well as data that can be used on IEP goals/progress monitoring.  Please share away...I am open for all ideas and thoughts.  I am not heavily involved in extra curricular as my husband is a principal at another school and we have 3 very active children who are inovlved in multiple sports/hobbies (sometimes the two of us can't keep up and have to enlist others to help us lol).  I am looking forward to another in-person, on-site school year!

• Welcome, Aleta!  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you as you seek to learn about utilizing meaningful assessments with students!

• Kerri Burckbuchler. MHS
  • Hello, everyone! My name is Ryan Graveline, and I teach English 11 at Middlesex High. I'm really very interested in bettering my understanding of assessment because I think English assessments are lacking, especially with regard to standard alignment and checking for understanding. I live in Mathews with my wife and our 2-year-old daughter, Harper. I like to read and play guitar in my downtime, which I have little of!

• My name is Jenny and I teach 8th grade Language Arts in Middlesex County, VA. I also coach JV volleyball and softball, serve as advisor for the yearbook, and just started a club called H2O for Life. I enjoy helping students make meaningful connections between their learning, their lives, and their community.
    • See you tomorrow!

• Hi I'm Kate Messner.  I teach special education at the eighth grade level at St. Clare Walker Middle School in Middlesex County, VA.  I am an inclusion teacher supporting math 8, physical science, and civics and economics.  I am interested in learning more about meaningful assessments that are going to help my student's show their understanding of content at this grade level.

• Thanks for joining, Kate!!

This reply was deleted.