- Teachers limiting the number of students who can receive an A
- Varied responses to assigning grades to practice – very small percentage?
- How can we better involve students in tracking their progress and setting learning goals – very small number of teachers say they do this?
- How can we encourage students to USE the feedback they get from us?
- Showing students examples of strong and weak work – ideas of how teachers are doing this?
- How to motivate students other than grades?
- Teachers are using many different approaches to apply AFL.
- 80% make their assessments demonstrate how students are doing relative to one another rather than relative to the content objectives. Was this question
- How much should “practice” count? Do we need to discuss this more as a faculty or within departments?
For the March 10, 2010 faculty meeting, please:
1. Review those results for yourself.
2. After doing so, please discuss the results with those at your table.
3. Please also share at your table 1 positive outcome in your classroom of you working to implement AFL ideas/strategies.
4. Then respond to this discussion by sharing your discussion of the results and the examples from your classrooms of positive outcomes of using AFL idea/strategies.