The Assessment Network

Sharing assessment & grading strategies that help students learn

Welcome to The Assessment Network. Take a moment to let the other members know a little about you. Just reply to this Forum discussion with information about your role, your interest in Assessment FOR Learning, Standards Based Learning, or assessment in general, etc. Nothing is too short and nothing is too long.

Views: 3936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! My name is Jennifer Sayers. I teach 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science and P.E. at Sugar Grove Combined School, which is a Pre-K-8 school in Smyth County, VA. I also coach middle school volleyball and track. I am the mother of two little boys ages 6 and 22 months, who keep me hopping! Right now I'm watching the snow fall and secretly wishing for a two-hour delay tomorrow:).

thanks, Jennifer, for introducing yourself. If it doesn't snow too much I'll see you tomorrow !

My name is Brittany Powers. I teach Language Arts 6-8 and 8th grade newspaper at Sugar Grove Combined School. This is my fifth year teaching. I am a mother to a beautiful little girl who will be 2 years old in December.

Thanks for introducing yourself, Brittany.  Looks like I'll be visiting you guys in a couple of weeks.

My name is naini singh. i am a pyp. year 3 teacher at aga khan academy , Hyderabad india .we teach through inquiry. no text books! I am a mother of 2 beautiful sons.
Naini - thanks for introducing yourself. I'm sure the members of this site would be interested to hear about your experiences as an educator in India.

Hi all! I'm currently working in the middle school as a long-term P.E. teacher and cheer coach. I have a B.A. in Mass Communications, and currently, my goal is to complete 4 additional courses and become licensed to teach middle school English. I am married and have two sons, Ty, 15 and Zac, 7. I enjoy learning new things, and being surrounded by optimistic people.

Thanks, Tracy, for introducing yourself. I look forward to being at your school in a little over a week.

Hello, my name is Sherry Mullins.  This is my 25 year in the teaching field.  I teach Math 6, Math 7, Math 8, and Algebra I in Smyth County, Virginia.  I've been married 38 years and have one son.  After attending the AFL workshop on Tuesday, I've been doing alot of thinking about assessment.  I need to put alot of thought into how and WHY something is graded. 

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, Sherry.  I'm glad the workshop has caused you to do some thinking and self-evaluation.  Let me know if you need to bounce any ideas of someone.  Keep in touch!

I'm Wendy, I teach 6th, 7th, & 8th grade computers at Lewis & Clark Middle School. I have been teaching for 17 years.

Thanks, Wendy, for joining and introducing yourself. I hope this site benefits you and others at your school.

RSS

© 2023   Created by Scott Habeeb.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service