The Assessment Network

Sharing assessment & grading strategies that help students learn

Welcome to The Assessment Network. Take a moment to let the other members know a little about you. Just reply to this Forum discussion with information about your role, your interest in Assessment FOR Learning, Standards Based Learning, or assessment in general, etc. Nothing is too short and nothing is too long.

Views: 1963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello!  My name is Kathryn Hurley and I work at the University of Chicago's Urban Education Institute.  We conduct practical research on issues that matter in education, urban and otherwise.  AFL is one of the topics that my division works with especially as pertains to early literacy.  I look forward to learning more!

Thanks for introducing yourself, Kathryn.  If you scroll through the Members list on this site, you'll find that educators from across the country - and around the world - are, just like you, realizing the value of assessment's impact on learning.  Let me know how I can help!

Hi,

I am Bola Macarthy, lead for Learning and Teaching  and teacher training at my academy. I am so blessed to be part of this 'crew' I am always seeking ways to develop assessment for learning in my academy. Just honoured to be part of like minded professionals. I live in the UK and it would be fun to swap ideas, share ideas and ultimately support. I teach English language which is undergoing huge changes at the moment. Any one who wants to share pedagogy and practice? I am up for it.

Thanks

Bola

Welcome aboard, Bola!  I love your enthusiasm.  I hope you enjoy looking through all the ideas on this site.  Please feel free to add your own blog posts or forum discussions.  If you ever want to contact me directly, feel free to email me at scotthabeeb@gmail.com.  I'd love to connect with a fellow assessment enthusiast from "across the pond."

I am April Easton, principal at Mountain View Elementary in Alleghany County.  This is my first year as principal.  Previously, I was assistant principal at Alleghany High School for 8 years. I attended the AFL session at the VASCD conference in Williamsburg.  I am looking to gain more information on the topic of AFL as I have a strong belief in SBL and working on a growth mindset for students and teachers.  

Thank you, April, for joining the network and for introducing yourself.  Let me know if I can help you find resources on this site.  And if you have any good ideas or experiences, please feel free to share them as blog posts and/or forum discussions so others can benefit.

I am a student. I attend Western Governors University in pursuit of my Biological Sciences degree. Currently, I am completing my student teaching just outside of Nashville, TN, and am scheduled to graduate this spring. 

One of the greatest gifts and curses to ever be given to me is a perfectionist mentality. I am a brand new teacher and know that I will not be perfect right out of the gate, but I strive to be the best and most effective teacher I can be. That said, I am constantly building my arsenal of techniques and tools that I might find work for me and my teaching style (when I figure out what that is!) to better serve my kids in the future.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Scott Habeeb.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service