The Assessment Network

Sharing assessment & grading strategies that help students learn

Welcome to The Assessment Network. Take a moment to let the other members know a little about you. Just reply to this Forum discussion with information about your role, your interest in Assessment FOR Learning, Standards Based Learning, or assessment in general, etc. Nothing is too short and nothing is too long.

Views: 3244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keep me posted if there's anything I can do to help you out!

I am new to the Salem High School family and will be serving in the role of English/ Yearbook teacher. I am very interested in Standards Based Learning and am excited to learn more on the application side of how this looks in the classroom.

Welcome aboard, Michelle! :)

I am a teacher at King George Middle School.  Currently, I am SPED Chair and teach World History I but I have also taught at the elementary level in a self-contained classroom.  I have been interested in the topic of assessment for several years, especially after working with the students who qualify for the Virginia Alternative Assessment (VAAP) and teaching at a school that was struggling with accreditation.  I look forward to our discussions.

See you tomorrow, Lisa!

Thank you so much for coming out and working with us today. I am a former high school history teacher and am now an elementary assistant principal at Potomac Elementary school in King George. This has been a large shift in mindset in terms of how to view assessments for the students. I am interested in learning how to support my teachers better through this process.

It has been a fun day for me. Let me know how I can help in the future! :)

I am also new to Salem High School and will be a first year special education teacher. I have used formative assessments as a low-pressure way to assess students' knowledge. I look forward to using formative assessments and keeping data on the results as a way to drive instruction. 

This is my second year as ITRT for Middlesex  County Public Schools and I love it!  Prior to my ITRT position, I taught 6th grade at St Clare Walker Middle School in Middlesex for 11 years. I taught in Essex County for 7 years before coming to Middlesex. I am originally from the Pittsburgh, PA area, so I have been a Steelers fan my whole life.  I am excited to learn more about standards based learning as our K-2 grades are transitioning to this form of grading.  In my role as ITRT, I enjoy bringing technology and real-world applications to our students. 

I look forward to working with you, Nicole!

RSS

© 2019   Created by Scott Habeeb.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service