The Assessment Network

Sharing assessment & grading strategies that help students learn

Welcome to The Assessment Network. Take a moment to let the other members know a little about you. Just reply to this Forum discussion with information about your role, your interest in Assessment FOR Learning, Standards Based Learning, or assessment in general, etc. Nothing is too short and nothing is too long.

Views: 2535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! I am the theatre arts teacher at Salem High School in Salem, VA. My job is to facilitate student learning in their growing knowledge of theatre, character analysis, using real life application of content- helping students to grow professionally while forming a strong work ethic. Being a new teacher as well as a forever-learner, Im excited to strengthen my skills of assessing students, to guide and assist them in their journey.

Alex - I look forward to watching your growth as an educator!

Hi Everyone my name is Art Ford. I have been in the education field since 1989. I have worked in both public and private settings mainly with children with special needs. I also have coached and mentored youth in sports and outdoor adventure-based settings. I believe in  doing what you are called to do, but first you must find your purpose. I also know that we can continually learn and grow. That is why I want to learn more about AFL. Since coming to Salem 8 years ago, I have been in the Alternative program assisting kids who need extra coaching and monitoring. I've witnessed the program grow and change drastically over those 8 years. Next year, I will be at Salem High to work as a Special Education Instructor. My wife is also a teacher of 25+ years. We have 3 children, who now are all in their 20s. Glad to be here.

Welcome aboard, Art!

I am beginning my fifth year as Principal at Patrick County High School. I am in my 21st year in education, 12 of these years have been in administration. I also taught; Science, History, English, Writing, and Health/PE. I am eager to learn new strategies to help my faculty create proper assessments and to ensure that our students are provided every available educational opportunity.

Welcome to The Assessment Network, Trey!

Hello! I am an assistant principal at Stuart Elementary in Patrick County. I strive to be an instructional leader in my school and help teachers, parents, students, and support staff understand how assessment connects to instruction. I am a former special education teacher and support inclusive environments. I am excited to learn more about AFL and how to use student data in a meaningful way. 

Welcome to the Network!

Greetings! I have been employed with the Patrick County School system since 1999.  I joined the Assessment Network while Mr. Habeeb was presenting for our district. Eager to learn more about assessment and grading strategies!

Greetings! I have been employed with the Patrick County School system since 1999.  I joined the Assessment Network while Mr. Habeeb was presenting for our district. Eager to learn more about assessment and grading strategies!

Hello, I am Jared Cotton and I serve as the Division Superintendent for Henry County Public Schools.  I have been working with my staff to create a balanced assessment system where we assess students through a variety of methods.  We also focus on both student achievement and student growth as we have introduced the MAP assessment several years ago.  In HCPS, we are also focused on helping our students master the 4 C's in order to be college, career, and citizenship ready.  This has led to extensive work in curriculum redesign and the development of performance (cornerstone) assessments over the past several years.  We have also spent the last year working with our Teacher Cabinet to develop divisionwide guidelines for grading.  I'm looking forward to learning together tomorrow!

Would you be willing to share your guidelines for grading publicly or privately?

RSS

© 2017   Created by Scott Habeeb.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service