In today's faculty meeting we BEGAN a discussion about homework. (Here's a link to what was discussed: Presentation Handout)
Our goal as a faculty is to continuously improve to meet better the needs of our students. With that in mind, let's further our exploration of the homework topic by discussing the following questions in small groups:
- Where does AFL fit into all this?
- Does my homework practice mesh with the idea that homework is intended to be practice for students?
- Would I prefer students to make internally or externally-motivated homework decisions? Can I do anything about that?
- How much of what I’m doing regarding homework is what I’ve always done v. what is proven to help students learn?
- What would have to happen in our school to make it possible to achieve “the vision” for homework?
Have at least one person from your group make a record of your discussion as a reply to this discussion.